Friday, April 25, 2008

backyard project




Our backyard has a unique shape to it. We've not known how to best use our side yard. We had a pathetic patch of grass there and a planter in the corner that we've never really liked. The area's not big enough for a swing set. We toyed with the idea of a trampoline but I wouldn't be able to see it from the sliding glass door. (too afraid that kids would be doing crazy things that I wouldn't know about). After going back and forth with various ideas, we finally decided to expand the pool area. We think this will be a better use of the area. My brother is helping us with the planters and the pavers. We are going to have tear down part of the pool gate and build a new one. Cross our fingers, we hope it will turn out nice and be space better used. I decided to take some before pictures. this is what its looking like now. The pictures aren't very great, but neither is this side of my yard. Hope to be able to post some after pictures soon.

4 comments:

dulcedemiel said...

curiosa foto.

Ramona said...

That sounds so exciting! We'll have to come swim with you guys when it's all done!

Chandra said...

GOOD LUCK WITH THE PROJECT. I HAVE TO SAY I'M NOT A BIG TRAMPOLINE FAN EITHER. SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GOING TO LOOK GREAT WHEN IT'S DONE!

Linde said...

I am so excited! I know you have never liked the side part of your yard. I think you will LOVE what you do with it! Can't wait to see pictures!