Monday, July 14, 2008

Good job kids!

I couldn't be more pleased with my kid's performance in school this year. More than anything I want my kids to grow up to become great people. I am just as desirous to see them excel socially and behaviorally as I am to see them exceed academically. I am so grateful to say they are doing both. Each of them were recognized today in an awards assemblies. They both have had a good year in school and have done very well. Brayden worked hard and earned A's and B's, participated in two plays where he learned and memorized many lines, earned the Great American Award, accepted the assignment of being a peer mediator, and made many friends. Shelby earned straight A's this year, improved so much in her reading, and made many friends. Brayden moves on to middle school next year and Shelby with be a fourth grader. I am grateful that my kids can go to school. It's easy to take that for granted.

6 comments:

FrankNApril said...

Good Job kiddos!
Jodi, I have no doubt that your children will become all you desire for them because they have 2 wonderful parents! Really! I bet many would agree with me. Good Job! April

Linde said...

Oohhh...I miss the award assemblies. They didn't do that here. Weird huh? I am not suprised at how well they both did. It is so fun to see them grow and change in just a year! Good job kiddos!

sherri veatch said...

Congratulations Brayden and Shelby! Doing well in school is something that will help you throughout your entire life.. GREAT JOB!

sherri veatch said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!
Fantastic Job! Keep up the good work. I hope we can see you soon!
Andrew & Mary V.

Jess said...

You have great kids (and they have great parents)! Congrats to them both!

Jason & Claire said...

You must be so proud of both of them. That is the best feeling in the world. Good job to you.