Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swim lessons



Claire went back to the swim school that I took her too last year. It's amazing to me what is accomplished in eight twenty minute lessons. I think the secret is in the one on one training. Claire reluctantly went to each lesson. By about the last lesson, she started to act like she liked her teacher. In spite of that, she is swimming great. we are amazed at how she swims all over the pool. The other night, something was left at the bottom of the pool. Claire was determined to dive down and get it. She tried over and over and almost got it. I began to worry that the poor girl was going to do herself in trying so I asked Shelby to get it, but Claire was really close!

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

I wish I could've done swim lessons with my kids. I just have too many of them. They can all swim, but their "skills" aren't great. Claire looks so cute!

Lindalu said...

Always the worrywart, just be sure to watch out for signs of her inhaling water into her lungs. I swear not more than 2 days after Tanner finished swimming lessons that boy died of a dry drowning and of course I freaked out. I didn't even know that was possible. Anywho, I am glad she is doing so great, that always adds a little reassurance when you have a pool at your house!

Jason & Claire said...

She is such a cutie. I'm glad she finally felt comfortable with her teacher and brave enough to go to the bottom.

Ramona said...

How fun! What a little trooper she is, trying to reach the bottom of the pool. I can hardly get Sam in the water, let alone swimming. I may have to sign him up for some lessons!

Linde said...

Swim lessons are amazing aren't they? Peace of mind at least! By the way, I LOVE your yard. It is beautiful! I bet you are enjoying the extra room! I think it looks fantastic!

FrankNApril said...

Jodi,
Claire is adorable in the pool!
I just should let you know that I am wondering if you are having a Boy or Girl. April

Jodi said...

April, we are keeping the sex of the baby a mystery, so I don't know what I'm having.