Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Claire



celebrated her fourth birthday last week. She anxiously waited for her day to come. Having an older sister with a birthday a few weeks before her made the anticipation more intense.
She made up her mind that she wanted a pool party. When I took her to the party shop to let her choose a theme, I was surprised when she didn't choose anything I had expected her to. When I asked her if she was sure that she didn't want Hello Kitty or Disney Princess or something like that, she replied, "No Mom, I want a pool party." Somehow she thought if she picked one of those, she wouldn't get to have a pool party. I can't complain though, because she choose some butterfly stuff that was on clearance. All of her little cousins came and happily swam I had to work at getting her out of the pool to open her presents. She was two weeks old when we moved to our home in North Las Vegas. I can't believe how fast it seems time has gone by. Claire has grown so much and is such a joy in our lives.





9 comments:

Bryn said...

Happy 4 Years!!! She is so cute! We will have to get the girls together.

lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Claire! I can't believe how old she is getting! She is darling.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little girl that sweet baby has turned into! I love it when they know exactly what they want! Sounds like she had a great birthday!

Heather said...

She is adorable!
That cake looks fabulous.
Glad to hear she had a good time.

Jason & Claire said...

Happy Birthday to Claire! She is such a sweetheart! I'm glad I have been able to get to know her. What a special girl to have in your family.

Linde said...

I can't believe she is 4! Wow! She is so cute. Kenzi even says she looks bigger. Glad that she had a nice simple party and that she was happy!

Carol said...

oh my gosh...can't believe she is 4. I totally remember her being newborn when you moved into the ward. I remember the first time I came to your house to let the boys play and we sat there and chatted while you nursed her. Seems like yesterday :)

Lindalu said...

Happy birthday Claire! Looks like you had a great time. We love you!
Way cute cake Jodi!

Jess said...

I love that picture of Claire! She is such a cutie! Happy Birthday to Claire!