Friday, January 25, 2008

A lesson for Claire.

Last week Jake and Haley came over to play with claire. While they were eating lunch, claire started teasing Haley about the fact that she did not get the pink cup. This is how the conversation went:
Claire: "nanny nanny boo boo I have a pink cup and you don't.
Haily: "Claire, that's bad words to say"
Claire repeats "nanny nanny boo boo.
Haily turns to Jake who is sitting in between them and says: "Jake, Claire is saying bad words to me."
Jake turns to Claire and says: "Claire, don't say that to my sister. Jesus will be mad."
Claire: "They're not bad words. I say them all the time."
Jake: "Yes they are and Jesus will not let you say them."
Claire: "No they're not and I say them all the time!"
Jake (getting very frustrated at this point) says "Claire, You're being like a wicked Lamenite! A VERY wicked Lamenite!"

Even though I was not happy with Claire's behavior, I just wanted to bust up laughing hearing this conversation. Jake said it better than I could have ever put it! Claire learned a good lesson that day from her little friend Jake.

6 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I can't imagine Claire having so much to say! It's nice to see that our kids are learning something!

Lindalu said...

That is hysterical. It is a good story to have written down, because we usually forget the funny things our kids say!

FrankNApril said...

Your children are growing and how cute they are! Very nice glad I found your blog! April

Jason & Claire said...

I like your new layout and the pictures of your kids on the side are gorgeous.

Growin' Like Weeds said...

Okay that is funny, I love that they are listening, when you don't think they are...I love the "Living Scriptures" and Jake does too. (maybe the swords alot)but he's getting it :)
Thanks for posting that story!!!

Linde said...

Jodi...I barely found you! I am so glad because I will feel like I can keep in touch with you after we are gone! You have such a sweet family and Claire is one of a kind. Love the story!