Monday, April 14, 2008

good news

Decided it was time to tell my kids why their mom has been laying around a lot and why their dad has been doing all of the cooking and shopping lately. We are expecting another baby. I figure once my kids know, everyone else will too. I was very surprised to find out I was pregnant, but we look forward to having another member join our family. Had an ultrasound last week and learned I'm 10 weeks. This is two weeks further along that I thought. I have to admit, right now I'm more excited at the idea that I have two less weeks of morning sickness to deal with. I've heard of so many surprise pregnancies lately and it makes me wonder if there's an urgency for spirits to come to Earth. Brayden is hoping for a little brother and the Shelby and Claire say they want a sister. We just want a healthy baby.

12 comments:

lisa said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! I hope you feel good and your pregnancy goes well! Are you going to find out if its a boy/girl? Keep us posted. Please call next time you are up here visiting family and have a little extra time. We'd love to see you!

FrankNApril said...

This is very exciting stuff! Glad you told me on the phone today. I was like shocked because you make #3 in the last week of my friends who are pregnant. So many! So many! Congratulations!! I like baby girls(all the pink) but for Brayden I hope it is a boy! April

Lindalu said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Hope the sickness goes away soon and I hope Brayden gets his brother! :)

Heather said...

Wow! Congratulations that is such exciting news. I feel terribly that you had my kids the other day when you are not feeling so great. I need to take yours.

Judy said...

congrads.. It will be fun..
Hope you start to feel bettter..

Kirsten said...

Congratulations! We will have to have Claire and Shelby over so you can lay around all you want without feeling guilty! I hope this surprise pregnancy thing isn't contageous.

Jason & Claire said...

Congratulations! Claire told me her "secret" on Sunday and thought you didn't know she knew. I am so excited for you and your family. They will be such great older siblings for a little brother or a little sister.

Linde said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you. I am jumping up and down and screaming with happiness. How great that you are even a little further along:) I hope you feel better. When are you due? Congrats...miss you!

Jess said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy for you and your family. Congratulations!

g said...

Congratulations again! I hope your morning sickness is short-lived :)

Lynette said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a blessing for your wonderful family. Just repeat that all the way through the morning/afternoon/evening sickness. :) So happy for you.

Ramona said...

Jodi

I'm so excited for you!!!! No wonder you've been on my mind a lot lately! I'm sorry that you've been through all that miserable morning sickness, but I hope it is about over for you. Tell Brayden that every other baby I know, being born this year, is a boy, so odds look good in his favor!