Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial weekend at the cabin



We went back to the cabin again this year. It is located just outside Zion Nation Park. It was built last year and we were the first family to stay in it. It is done in a cowboy theme and because it's new, it's really nice. It has plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms for all of us. This year, the owners added a ping pong table and a playhouse that we enjoyed. It is fun for us to get all of our families together for a few days. The best part for me is watching the pure joy the kids have playing together. They spent most of the time playing outside the cabin in the dirt. The adults and my older kids kept busy playing ping pong, and games like "are you smarter than a fifth grader" (the only game we can get Dad to play). The guys went golfing and we took the kids to an animal sanctuary where they saw lots of parrots, some horses, sheep and goats. There is also a dog, cat, bunny and pig house that that we did not see. Something left for next year. The kids also loved going on ATV rides, making s'mores, and being creative with paint. I took lots of pictures to capture some of the fun.








I saw this idea in a magazine. The kids decorated an egg carton. Different colors are painted inside. After they dried, the kids went on a nature walk and looked for things that matched the colors in their carton.








12 comments:

lisa said...

You have been a busy woman!! The Cabin looks so much fun! The perfect family reunion spot! Thanks for posting that. I hope you continue to feel good! and Congrats to Brayden!

Kirsten said...

What a fun family vacation! Those are the types of things I remember most about being a kid! How fun! Way to go Brayden!

Growin' Like Weeds said...

Wow how that looks so nice and super fun!! I loved the smore pics.

Linde said...

I love love love all the pictures! I always say that if they kids are dirty at the end of the day then it was a great day. Kids love to play outside and in the dirt! Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you got to spend time with the family.

Chandra said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend! We went to our cabin and froze- good to see you got out and about.Those are the memories the kids will always remember.

FrankNApril said...

Jodi,
How fun for your family! I like the egg carton idea. I know you are very busy but please post if your having a Boy or Girl if you find out! See ya Sat. and hope you have a great day! April

Lindalu said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love your new picture for your blog--nice job!

Jason & Claire said...

Those are the things kids remember most. That is so neat that they got to do that with their cousins. Such sweet pictures! I hope you are feeling better.

Jess said...

What a fun weekend! I love the picture of Claire enjoying the smore.

g said...

What a fun trip! I love it when my kids play together and you can tell they really love each other. Why do they seem to do that better when we're not at home???

Heather said...

What a fun place and happy memories for your family. Looks like it is becoming a memorial day tradition. I love all the fun photos and your new header.

Carol said...

what a fun place to go. we would love to do something like that someday. Glad you were able to have a fun weekend with your family.