Saturday, August 11, 2007

She's swimming!


I learned about a swim school that several friends have used to help teach their children to swim. I figured that I for sure had waited too long to get Claire in for lessons. I decided to call them and was pleasantly surprised that they had openings for lessons. She went four days a week for two weeks. She screamed the whole time on the first lesson. At first it was very scary for her to go with a stranger into the pool. By the third lesson, she was a different child, She was a little reluctant to do everything, but she was happy. By the end of the lessons, she was not swimming,but she was kicking her feet and putting her face in the water. One day after we got back from vacation, she decided she wanted to swim to Brayden and Shelby. She took her floaties off and off she swam! I couldn't believe she did it. She certainly surprised her brother and sister too. She's not ready for the Olympics, but she's swimming great for being three years old. Those swim lessons were worth every bit of money spent. I'm so glad she did them.

1 comment:

Lindalu said...

That is awesome! I bet it helps you breath a sigh of relief just a little! My father-in-law sent me an email about a place that teaches babies and kids how to swim/survive if they fall into the water. It was absolutely amazing. I watched a 6 month old fall into the water, kick his was to the surface, roll over onto his back and stay that way for a LONG time until someone pulled him out. I can't remember the name of the place, but if we had stayed in Arizona I was seriously thinking about checking into the cost and enrolling Tanner.